Parents renting student accommodation

Student Accommodation

Information for parents renting student accommodation

At Cardwells Letting Agents we are aware of the responsibility we have towards students renting from us, also to parents renting student accommodation on behalf of their child.  We understand that for many of our students this may be their first time living away from home and often parents will want to be involved in the process of choosing their accommodation.

We strive to offer the best student properties in great locations.  Stylish, secure and sociable student apartments. Or, homes of multiple occupancy – we’ll ensure the property is in a good area and offers good travel links.

Our letting agents will provide all the information you require in order for you to feel as much at ease if you are renting from us.

Property Inspections are important when renting student accommodation

If you opt to rent privately you need to ensure that the property has a professional survey and inventory completed at the point the student/tenant moves in. Ultimately, the landlord is responsible for this. However, in the event this does not happen you may choose to evidence the current state of the property yourself, or instruct someone to do this on your behalf.

We undertake professional property inspections and provide Expert Witness Reports. This report is a true representation of the property as you move in. It contains 100+ photographs which will detail the condition of all rooms plus the exterior of the property. It shows the condition of the décor and cleanliness of each room and includes carpets, white goods etc. To supplement our written content and photos, our check in and check out reports include video footage too.

Parents renting student accommodation can conduct their own property survey

Conducting a property survey and expert witness report would be recommended to any parents of students who are paying a bond – particularly if the landlord does not provide a detailed inventory and conditions report for the rental property.

Our letting agents can complete a property inspection on your behalf and agree the subsequent report with the landlord. You then have photographic and descriptive evidence of the condition of the property at the point your child moves in. The cost of an Expert Witness Report is £150.00 (£125.00 plus VAT).

Cardwells letting agency deal with student accommodation in Bolton, Bury and Greater Manchester. If you need help or advice with with your student move give us a call.

We offer a range of property inspections and services to parents renting student accommodation.