Cardwells is a trading name of Fivegate ltd whose registered number is 01822919 and registered office is 11 Institute Street, Bolton, BL1 1PZ.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Data Protection Information
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and any information you supply will be treated in accordance with that Act. You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk.
Information gathered and its use
We receive and store any information you enter on our website, or give us in any other way, for example through our branch network (by phone, email, or office visit), or provided by you when giving us feedback. We use your contact details to communicate with you, we may also use your information to send you news about our products and services or those of other carefully selected companies which we think may be of interest to you.
We may contact you by post, email, telephone or SMS for these purposes. If you do not want to receive such communication you can opt-out during registration, by emailing us at [email protected], or by following the unsubscribe instructions. Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
How we use your information
How we will use information you give us:
- To contact you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with the information, products and services which you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services which we feel may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To verify your identity:
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud;
- To provide customer support;
- To comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order.
How we will use information we collect about you:
In addition to the purposes listed above, we will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them (including via selected third parties).
How we will use information about you we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or with you.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Fivegate Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of its transferred assets;
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting information to these websites.
Where we store your information
The information we collect from or about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, amongst other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By using our website, or otherwise submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Fivegate Limited will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk and you agree that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless it has been proved that we have been negligent. We do not accept any responsibility for the protection of information or images provided to third party online sites that link to or from our website.
Information collated on hard files (paper based information) is held for 6 years as is required by Law, these files are securely stored at our office locations. After this period where there is no legal necessity to retain the information the files are destroyed. Information collated on notepads, post-it notes etc are shredded within 7 days.
Your information will be held for at least six years for legal, regulatory and accounting purposes and thereafter for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes at.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information and for its use for marketing purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information at any time.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. This will result in us ceasing to offer the goods and services to you.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies about how to unsubscribe from their communications.
Access to Your Information
You have rights to the following information:
- The purpose(s) for which we are processing your information;
- The categories of personal information we hold about you;
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- The period for which we will store you information; or the criteria used to determine that period;
You have the following additional rights:
- To a copy of the information we hold about you. You can ask us to send this to you or direct to a third party in commonly used electronic form;
- To correction or restriction of the way in which we are processing your information; or to object to us processing it;
- To erasure of your personal information provided it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; or where there is no legal basis for Fivegate Ltd processing it.
- Where we have collected information about you from sources other than yourself, information about those sources;
- To ask us whether any decisions are being taken about you by automated means and if this is happening; information about the logic involved and any significant consequences on you;
- To ask us about the appropriate safeguards we are take if we transfer your information to a third country or international organisation.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Fivegate Limited, 11 Institute Street, Bolton, BL1 1PZ or by emailing [email protected].
If you are not satisfied about the way in which your information is handled you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Rectifying or Updating your information
You must ensure that any information you provide to us is correct and complete. You can ask us to rectify or update your personal information at any time by email to [email protected]; or by writing to: The Data Protection Officer, Fivegate Limited, 11 Institute Street, Bolton, BL1 1PZ.
When you use this website we anonymously record the details of the pages you look at but this data is not personally identifiable. We use this data to monitor site traffic and analyse paths customers take through our site which enable us to improve the service we provide. This information is only used by us and is not passed to any other party.
Place of processing
The personal information held by us is held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
- We have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains your responsibility to protect against unauthorised access to your log in details. If you open more than one browser of the same type whilst using the website, remember to close down all browser windows when you finish.
- If you share a computer with someone else or use a public Internet access then remember to close down all browser windows when you finish we advise you to delete the browsing history and log off the computer. This will help ensure any personal information stored temporarily in the computer’s memory is lost.
Disclosure for legal reasons
We reserve the right to communicate such personal information as we hold to third parties which seek the disclosure of it, if we are requested to do so by law.
Links to third party sites
Our site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content of those websites. You should read the privacy policies of every website that collects data.
We send out an email to buyers containing properties that match your search criteria to the latest email address you supplied to us. To opt out of receiving these a customer can follow the unsubscribe instructions on these emails or send an email to [email protected].
Log Files and Statistics
We may use IP addresses, URLs of requested resources, timestamps and HTTP user agents to analyse trends, administer the system and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Legal Information and Your Agreement
Access by you of our website is confirmation that you have understood and agreed to be bound by all of these terms and conditions.
This website is prepared and issued in the United Kingdom and is intended for the information of United Kingdom residents only.
This website is for information purposes only and its content is subject to change without notice.
Nothing on this website shall be deemed to constitute financial advice and in the event that you wish to have any such advice, you should contact a financial advisor.
Whilst we use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information published on this website is accurate, current and complete at the date of publication, no representatives or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of such information. We cannot accept responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website or any other website to which it may be linked. We make no warranty that this website is free from errors, defects or viruses.
The entire contents of this website (except where applicable the crown copyright location maps) is our property and is subject to copy right with all rights reserved.
You may download or print individual sections of the website for personal use and information only provided that these properly indicate our copyright and other proprietary notices.
You may not reproduce (in whole or in part), modify, decompile, disassemble or transmit or use for any commercial purpose whatsoever any information from this website without our prior written consent.
There is no guarantee that any email you send will be received by us or that the confidentiality of that email will be maintained during internet transmission.
Cardwells is a trading name of Fivegate Limited, registered in England at 11 Institute Street, Bolton, BL1 1PZ (number 01822919).
Any disputes arising from the use of this website shall at all times be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
International Transfers of Personal Information
As the internet can be assessed worldwide, if you are visiting the site from outside the UK, your visit will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international borders. By visiting this site and communicating electronically with us you are consenting to these transfers.